Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's been too long!!!

It's been WAAAAY too long since I have updated the blog, so I have a lot to say!  Boyd is growing up so fast (too fast for mommy!) but he's just so stinkin' adorable :) 

He loves eating, and is not too picky, which is good for us.  He loves carrots, sweet potatoes and bananas.  He is warming up to his greens, such as green beans, peas, and avocado.  We have been getting him a few things at restaurants and feeding him while we eat, which he seems to love!  I have gotten him carrots, potatoes, chicken and dumplings, and avocado. 

Below is his 6 month picture, which is long overdue.  He is already over 7 months :)

At 6 months he started saying "da da" even though he doesn't know what it means.
He doesn't enjoy tummy time, but we realize that he needs to do it, so we're trying!
His parents as teachers lady came over and said he was in the 75th percentile of height, weight, and head circumference.  I guess that's a good thing!


He is such a happy boy...he gets more fun every day.  I can't imagine life without him!!!!
He is getting a little more "clingy" lately, which makes me kind of happy that he wants us so much.  I shouldn't be like that, but I like that he wants his mommy!  He has started saying "mama" but only when he's a little tired or upset.  I realize he doesn't know what it means, but it still melts my heart!!!


Boyd also had his first illness a few weeks ago.  He had an ear infection and eventually got RSV.  I took him in on a Thursday and we found out he had an ear infection, then Thursday night he started running a fever and his breathing didn't sound great.  I took him back in on Friday and they said he had RSV and we had to buy a breathing machine.  I gave him his last breathing treatment today and he is doing MUCH better!

How cute is he?!?


Grandma Messick couldn't resist buying this cowboy hat the other day.  She said it was the only Small, and it was only $5, so how could she say no?  He also has matching black cowboy boots, so his look is complete (well, when I actually get a "cowboy" looking outfit on him...)  


He's not a huge fan of wearing hats...I just wish he knew how adorable he looked in them :)



1 comment: