Thursday, January 26, 2012

Let's play catch-up!!

Ok I am officially a terrible blogger...I have not updated this for 6 months.  Well, a LOT has happened since then, as you can imagine with a 1 year old!!  Boyd has grown so much and is so big!  I can't possibly come close to catching up on everything, so I chose some pictures and highlight the last 6 months in the Messick household.  I think everything that is not documented by pictures is already forgotten, so hopefully I took pictures of the most important things :)  I will do separate posts for Christmas and Price's birth, so this takes up until then!

Boyd got a new cousin on the Messick side on August 4.  Yates Jonathan Cartwright was born to Jon and Lindsey, and he is so precious.  He definitely looks like a Messick, just like my boys!  I think all three boys will look like brothers.  Here is a picture of Mark and Boyd with Yates.  (Obviously Price has not arrived yet, so he's not able to be in the picture...)




We went to visit Uncle John and Aunt Nancy in Joplin over Labor Day weekend.  It is becoming an annual tradition, which I think is great!  I just loved this picture of Boyd.  There was a Mizzou football game on, so we had to dress him in his football jersey :)  M-I-Z!


Mark sent me this picture at work one day and said "Look at Boyd's first kill!"  I wasn't aware that Boyd had been hunting, but he sure got a good one!  This was actually brought in for some testing done on it, but Boyd got a kick out of it.


Mark was so excited to take Boyd to Farmfest.  There are so many tractors and he knew Boyd would love them.  Boyd LOVES John Deere by the way...he loves riding lawn mowers, push mowers, tractors, toys, clothes, or anything else that has to do with tractors (especially John Deere ones.)  He was so excited and would run from one tractor to another and he wanted to sit on ALL of them :)  It was super cute!


Mark is a huge chocolate fan, so I don't think there is any way that Boyd will not love chocolate, also.  I am not a huge fan of it, but Boyd wants to eat whatever dessert daddy is eating, and Mark shares with him.  I am pretty sure that this is Boyd after he licked the spoon from some brownie batter.  Yummy!


We went to Bass Pro to see Santa.  I went pretty early in the season so I didn't think there would be a big crowd.  I also went at 2:30 on a Tuesday after one of my doctor's appointments because I thought there wouldn't be a line.  Well, we didn't have to wait too long, so I thought that might help Boyd when he got up to see Santa.  As you can see, waiting in line was not the part I should have been worried about!  Boyd was so good with Santa last year and tried to play with his beard, but this year I'm pretty sure he was scared of him!  I think all kids have a phase like this, and I'm sure most parents have a picture of their son/daughter like this with Santa.  It's still very cute, though I wish I could have gotten a smile out of him :)


I found this costume at a garage sale this summer in Farmington, and it was pretty inexpensive, so I thought I would grab it while I could.  I wasn't sure if it was going to fit Boyd or not, but I thought I could always sell it at a garage sale myself, so I bought it.  I wasn't sure if Mark would like it, either, but for the price I couldn't pass it up.  I think Mark was a little hesitant at first because he didn't know what it would look like, but when we put it on Boyd we both thought it was adorable!  He wore his yellow crocs with it and it was perfect! 


We stayed home and handed out candy at our house for Halloween, and Jon and Lindsey came over with Yates.  Judy and KK also came over to help hand out candy and hang out.  Yates was the cow that Boyd wore last year (even though we realized it was a girl costume...oops!!)  They were very cute together.


Grandpa Messick got a new tractor, and let me tell you...Boyd is excited!  His old tractor wasn't bad, but with three new grandsons, he decided he needed to get one with a buddy seat.  It's pretty funny!  Boyd is sitting in the buddy seat in this picture, and I think Grandpa is really excited to have Boyd work on the farm with him.  I think Boyd is equally as excited!


Boyd used to let us read to him a little, but he would get very bored by the end of the book.  Lately, though, he has been wanting to read book after book after book.  We LOVE that he loves books, and sometimes he will want us to read 10 books in a row.  He studies them and definitely has his favorites.  I think this picture is so sweet...daddy is reading a Mizzou book to him.  We are teaching him early!



Mark has a football helmet from Texas Tech that he keeps in our room.  Boyd has found it a few times, and wants to try it on.  He walks around the house with it on, but it makes him VERY top-heavy.  He stumbles a little while walking, and sometimes we have to hold him up while he walks :) It is hilarious to see him, but he is so determined and won't let anyone stop him from trying!  I love that about him (and sometimes I'm frustrated by that about him too...haha)


I can't believe how big Boyd has gotten.  Other than updating about Boyd, Mark and I have just been awaiting the arrival of our next little man, Price Thomas. We are soaking up as much time as we can while Boyd is our only child.

No comments:

Post a Comment