We are so blessed to have such big families! I love being the youngest of five, and Mark is the oldest of four. It makes family gatherings so much fun! We had Christmas in Marshfield at our house on Christmas Eve. It is a tradition to do Christmas Eve in Marshfield, and Christmas Day in Farmington. Well, with Becky's wedding and me being so far along in my pregnancy, we did Christmas in Farmington the week before. We didn't travel the weekend of Christmas, which was nice, and I don't think my doctor would have allowed it anyway :)
Boyd loves KK and Jared (soon to be Uncle Jared???)
Grandpa Messick thought Boyd needed a drum. I said as long as he keeps it at their house he can get one, but this Veggie Tales drum isn't too loud, so we still have it at our house. Boyd likes it!
Boyd had a GREAT time handing out presents. KK would tell him whose present it was, and he would deliver it. He only messed up a few times :)
As you can see in the background, Uncle John and Aunt Nancy were able to come for Christmas again this year. We are always happy when they are able to make it. Hopefully that becomes a tradition for them :)
I mentioned in an earlier blog about how much Boyd likes John Deere. Well, the hoodie he's wearing is from Grandma and Grandpa Boyd and the tool belt is from Grandma and Grandpa Messick. He loves anything green!!!
We didn't want to get Boyd too much for Christmas. I got him some clothes (yeah...exciting huh?) and a few other things, but his big gift was a basketball goal. Santa got him one that was a little too tall for him right now, but he will grow into it. For now, we put it behind the couch and he can dunk it from the couch cushions. He loves basketball for now, and I hope he continues to love it.
Boyd looked so cute at church on Christmas. We had a few suits that I had bought at garage sales, resale shops, and Grandma Messick bought one at Sams, so we wore one to the wedding and one to church on Christmas. I am still waiting for an occasion to wear the other one. We bought Boyd some white Pumas to wear with his suits...aren't they cute??
Boyd with Grandma Messick
Boyd with his amazing father!!
This was one of the last pictures we took as a family before Price arrived. Actually, this may be THE LAST picture we took as a family. We didn't know Price was going to come so soon, so I'm glad we got this one on Christmas Day.
The Christmas season was great again this year. I always look forward to time with family and time with our church family to celebrate the birth of Christ. We had a great service that morning and we were able to relax the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment