So I went in Friday, July 23 to begin the induction. They started giving me stuff to get the process started, and I had to sleep with monitors on my belly all night. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Mark and I both slept about 2 1/2 hours! At 5:00 the next morning they said they were going to start the pitocin. They started it around 5:30 in the morning. At 7:00 Dr. Lehnert came in to break my water, and I started feeling the contractions! They told me they could give me my epidural anytime, so I ended up getting it around 7:45.
Mark was hungry for breakfast and he asked when would be the best time to eat and they said to head down right then. I had just gotten my epidural so Mark thought I would be nice and comfy while he was gone. Apparently I was so far along when they gave it to me, though, that it never helped with my contractions. They were hurting pretty bad.
Around 8:15 they decided to check me, and realized that I was ready to have a baby!! Mark was still downstairs getting food so they had me call him back up. Dr. Lehnert came in and was surprised at how fast I was progressing. It was between pushes that I told him that my mom had 2 hour labors also, and he said that was something that might have been nice to know earlier :)
So at 9:09 am on July 24 Boyd William Messick arrived!!! At 30 weeks they said that he would be around 7 lbs, but he was 8 lbs 5 oz! He is just perfect, and has long fingers and really big feet. He was 22 inches long, so we're hoping he will be tall. He has blonde hair and perfect little skin. I just love staring at him all day :) I can't imagine life without him and he isn't even a week old yet!
Dr. Lehnert holding Boyd right after he was born
The first time I got to see him :)
His feet are so big!!!
One of my favorite pictures...this was taken right after they brought him in from his bath
Our new family (minus the dogs...)
Proud papa...I LOVE this picture!
His first outfit!
I love this face :)
Me and my little guy!!!
His big brothers already love him...Raider is in a really funny position :)
My little sleepy guy...I could stare at him all day!!!
Hi Lisa! I found your blog through Ashley Crawford's blog. Congratulations on your new little baby. Boyd is really cute! You will make a good little mommy! Enjoy your time with him, he will grow so fast!
ReplyDelete-Jenny Schweiss
Thank you!! Yes time is already flying! I can't believe how fast he changes. Good to hear from you :)
ReplyDelete