Thursday, July 7, 2011

11 months, more swimming...

Well Boyd is now 11 1/2 months...I am making plans for his birthday and I have already practiced his cake!  Knowing us, it's no surprise that we're having a sports themed birthday party.  We had his one year pictures taken the other day, though, and he wouldn't tear into his cake.  I hope that on his birthday he decides to go crazy :)

Let's see...I haven't given any updates on what Boyd is doing lately.  He has been pulling up and crawling since 8 1/2 months, but he is working on standing on his own, which he does for about 15 seconds now.  He looks like he is dying to take a step, so I don't know how long it will be until that happens, but I am content with him crawling for now.  My life will REALLY change when he starts walking, I'm afraid :)  He is also clapping, which I was worried that he would never do.  He really only says "mama" and "dada" and some other noises that don't really mean much.  I'm sure they mean something to him...we just need to figure it out!

He kind of has a "what are you looking at?" look on his face in this picture, but it was one of the best 11 month pictures we have.  He was not so cooperative that night :)


I love this look because this is how he gives kisses...he opens his mouth as wide as possible :)  I love baby kisses!!


So this is our plastic pool.  Boyd thinks it's fun to crawl in the pool, play around, crawl out of the pool, sit in our lap (and get us all wet), then start the cycle from the beginning.  I can't blame him, though, he's a busy guy!


I'm not sure why, but Boyd also likes to drink from the hose.  He sticks the entire thing in his mouth, then he gets waaay to much water in his mouth and he starts coughing.  He loves it, though, and he looks so cute doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment