Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July!

I didn't realize until I moved to Marshfield how big of an event the Fourth of July parade is!  Mark had told me, but until I went to the parade myself, I wouldn't have understood.  This year did not disappoint.  It was so fun to have all of the Messick family in town from Saturday until Monday!  We went to the farm to shoot guns and ride Lacey's four wheeler, we went to the parade, and we ate a LOT of food.  That makes for one GREAT weekend!!

Boyd enjoyed his first Fourth of July, also.  He got to ride the four wheeler with Daddy, Mommy, Papa Keet, and Aunt Lacey.  I was a little nervous until I realized that it doesn't go very fast.  I just made sure someone had a hand on him when it was moving :) 

This is a precious one with his dad!


I also tried our the four wheeler.  I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, but it was fun for a few minutes :)


My big man working on standing up at the parade.  He didn't want to sit still until the parade started, and then he was mesmorized by the cars driving by.  He loved it!


Boyd is definitely getting better at keeping his glasses on.  For a while, he would take them off as soon as they were on, so this is progress.


I know...what look is that on my baby's face??  I don't know, either, but it's pretty cute anyway!  He might not like this picture one day, but he sat in my lap almost through the entire parade.  I was so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment